Thursday, August 7, 2014

Rain, Rain Finally Away!

The past two days it was pouring down rain in the morning. I didn't even need my alarm to wake up-both times I woke up before my 5:45 alarm. Before I even opened my eyes, I could hear the rain pounding on the roof, and my immediate thought was not relief but disappointment. Once I finally got back on my bike, I didn't want to stop. Much to my relief, I heard no rain drops this morning, and I had my lights all ready to go. I did have to spend a bit of time rigging the front light as the rubber grip wasn't keeping it tight. Once that was ready to go, I was off with a bit of mist in my face.
I do like these cool mornings-they are great for riding. I was happy to have my light as it was very dark and cloudy. Even though I left earlier than Monday morning, it was much darker. It was nice to ride along with the sound of the creek by my side-it was pretty silent on Monday, but two days of rain have given it a bit more life. By the time I reached the park, the sprinklers were off but I still didn't ride my normal distance. I rode down to the boat docks and turned around. My legs felt like spaghetti when I got home and that last hill is still my nemesis.
I am crossing my fingers that I have another dry morning tomorrow. I really want to get back on track and stay on track. Hopefully, if we do get more rain I can convince myself to get up and do some other sort of workout. Maybe play a little Wii Fit or Just Dance :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment