Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Empowered Tuesday!

Last week I saw no change on the scale but I didn't let it bother me-as Dori says, "Just keep swimming!" :o)  Boy am I happy that I don't let the scale break my positivity...because this week showed GREAT results!  I weighed in this morning (because it is like Monday for me) at 180.8!  WOWZER!  That is a loss of 3.8 pounds!  I have lost a total of 11.8 pounds and it feels AMAZING!  Yes, this post is annoyingly positive and filled with exclamation points but I am so excited!  My immediate goal has been to get out of the 180s and I am only a pound away!  The last time I was in the 170s was when I got pregnant with Cam and lost close to 20 pounds during the first trimester (and possibly right away out of the hospital but that never lasts).  Once I hit the 170s I am roughly 20-30 pounds away from a HEALTHY weight!
While I am completely amazed and blown away by the progress I have made in the past week, I really want to say-this is the payoff-this feels better than any slice of cake or fudge brownie!  I am feeling great and I plan to keep this up so that I can feel even better!  I have started things and quit before but I have never (and this is going to sound pathetic and lazy...but it is TRUE) worked physical fitness into my weight loss plans.  I have spent time running around with my kids but never exercising just for me.  I really think that this is the thing that is getting me hooked even more than the healthier eating.  This is something that feels like a realistic permanent change in my life.  All of this glopped together is so empowering! 
On a side note to all of this, I am finally going to go to the doctor about my "cold" because I am now certain that it is a sinus infection and it is starting to wear me out a bit...I would like to be able to lean down to pick something up without feeling like my face is going to fall off!  Antibiotics here I come!  That will hopefully get me feeling even more energized when I am back to a 100% healthy state.

1 comment: