Sunday, October 23, 2011

Yeah...I know...it has been FOREVER!

Life has gotten in the way of my blogging but I figured it was time to come back and give a little update!  While I have been crazy busy with life, kids, family, work and a little more work-I have not given up on my fitness goals.  I am still working toward them every week and I am happy to say that I continue to make progress.  I have continued to take part in the YankTON Challenge.  We are really doing well as a group at the high school and I have confidence that we will continue to do well in these last few weeks.  I no longer bike every day.  The mornings have been pretty chilly-below freezing now and then-which makes me opt to go for a workout inside.  I am learning to enjoy using our elliptical and I am enjoying a little bonus quiet TV time to myself.  I have discover that I will workout twice as long when I have a good show to watch!  I usually go for a mile or so...sometimes longer depending on how far away weigh-in day is.  The last time I blogged I was at 180.8 pounds and excited to get into the 170s.  I am happy to say that I made it and I am now on my way to the 160s!!  I am currently at 171.8 as of my YankTON weigh-in.  I am feeling really great.  Since I started this blog, I have lost a total of 20.8 pounds!  I am very proud of myself and the progress I have made.  If I go back about 15 months to where I really started at 218.8 pounds I have lost 47 pounds!  While the numbers were never my ultimate goal (other than getting to a healthy BMI) I have to say...looking at those number inspires me to keep going and not give up!  I want to develop healthy habits and choices that will be with me for a lifetime.
This weight loss has really given me the shopping bug!  As I drop from one size to the next I am forced to spend money on clothes so that I have something that fits!  I have dropped from a 16/18 in pants to, most recently, a 12!  I am now also able to buy medium sized shirts!  I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment