My alarm went off without fail at 5:30 but it did not actually wake me until 5:35-I must have needed those last 5 minutes! I quickly got ready and headed out the door. It was chilly but not too bad, the sun was just coming up, I could smell the summer flowers in the air-IT WAS WONDERFUL! I had forgotten all about so many of the things that I loved about my morning rides and also about some of the little hiccups. Here is a review of what was forgotten:
- Sunglasses-they may not be needed for the ride down to the park but they are needed for the ride home!
- The peacefulness-I had forgotten how calming and wonderful the early morning it.
- The sprinklers-I was able to bob and weave around them without getting hit with more than a mist.
- The beauty-the colors of the sky, the birds, the splashing fish-everything was so refreshing.
- Water bottle-it seems the need for hydration just completely slipped my mind!
- I still don't like the hills but I don't hate them near as much as I remember hating them last year.
- I love this just as much as I did last summer.
- I am now pretty positive that I have an ear infection.
All in all, I would say that I am thrilled to get back to riding and back working toward my fitness goals. I started a new 7 day challenge for Just Dance yesterday and this time I am determined to complete it! I think it is time for an apple and some Belvita so that's all for this morning!