Thursday, June 28, 2012

Couch to 5k Day 4

Yesterday I started week 2 of Couch to 5k. The jogging was upped to 1 1/2 minutes and boy could I tell the difference! I have to say I had a much harder time keeping myself going but I am happy to say that I DID complete it! More than once I thought to myself-there is no way that I can keep jogging...it just isn't going to happen. Then a LOUDER voice chimed in and said-it isn't that much farther! YOU CAN DO IT! I am a bit amazed by myself because I completed the day successfully. I thought for sure that I was going to give in and walk a bit when I was supposed to be jogging. Part of what kept me going was the fact that I didn't want to come back here and write about how I didn't completely finish day 1 of week 2. I hope that Friday feels a bit easier now that I got the first day of transition out of the way!
Today's ride wasn't too eventful. Matt also got out and went for a ride after I got back. I didn't ride across the bridge today because I was feeling a bit tired (darn work) but Matt did and he told me that you can't exit the top of the bridge on the Yankton side-something that is always good to know. It ended with him going across the bridge twice LOL. I did see a possum on my way home today. It ran off into the tall grass after waddling down the path a bit.
It was too cloudy in the west for there to be much of a sunrise although I did snap one picture of a neat little break in the clouds. It is on my camera rather than my phone so I will have to wait a bit to upload it.

No comments:

Post a Comment