Sunday, July 31, 2011

A little early morning poetry

Well, I never thought I would be writing this as much as you probably never expected to read this...I gave running another shot today.  The only sprinklers on were at the entrance to the park, the park was empty by them time I got to my "running spot," and I figured I didn't have anything to lose. 
It (surprise surprise) did not go well.  I tried doing a fast walk to prepare my lungs a bit more for the actual running but alas my body does not like running.  I didn't even make it half way around today but at least I gave it a try.  How am I ever going to enjoy it if I don't keep trying?  It adds quite a bit of time to my ride so I doubt I will keep it up during the week but maybe I can try again next weekend!
As I rode back home today I thought about how beautiful the morning is and I was really thankful for these fitness aspirations as I would miss this if I weren't up riding my bike at six am every day.  I really enjoy watching the fog as it slowly lifts from the tall grasses, the beautiful colors that paint the sky as the sun wakes up, the finches and other birds that fly along and land on the fence beside me as I ride, and the simple beauty of nature that surrounds me each morning.  I also thought about how many people miss seeing this.  All snug in their beds and oblivious to God's artistry as it is created and evolves right outside their own window. This is for you...

Gone
You don't see me, but I'm here
I come out early
And disappear

If you are lucky you might see
All the beauty
That is me

I know that your bed beckons you
But I'll be gone
Just like the dew

So let your tired eyes awake
The worth is great
Make no mistake

The beauty that awaits is rare
Take the steps
To stop and stare

Take the time to visit me
You won't regret
What you see

No comments:

Post a Comment