Monday, August 1, 2011

Progress and a Picture

As promised, no running today.  Besides the fact that it kicked my butt two days in a row, my ankle was sore all day yesterday and was still sore this morning.  I went for my usual ride but was hit with a wave of heat and humidity this morning that nearly stopped me in my tracks-I am pretty sure I started sweating before I even got on my bike.  It has really been a hot summer but I am really happy with my consistency. 
I met some new friends on my ride this morning.  A flock of Canadian Geese were waiting for me around one of the corners of my ride this morning.  I knew that it was a place that they had hung out previously because of all their presents on the side walk but this was the first time that I have seen them. My camera phone was a bit too slow to capture the ones that I spooked but I was able to snap a picture of the ones closer to the water that swam rather than flew away.

Today marked day THIRTEEN of consecutive rides.  I know that it is a record because the most I had before this was maybe three.  What does all this mean?  It means that tomorrow I will have been working out for two weeks without quitting!  I think that this is incredibly awesome!
It has been just over a week since I last weighted myself, and I am now at 189.2.  This is down 3.4 pounds which may not sound like a lot but it is good.  I know that I have lost weight in my waist and hips because of my lovely shopping experience and my inability to fill a size 16.  Overall, I feel really good and I am proud of myself.  I do feel like I have definite challenges ahead (with the end of summer looming 2 weeks away!) but I think I can make things work.  If I have come this far, there is no point in stopping now!

No comments:

Post a Comment