Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Catching Up! Saturday Exploration

After Friday's crazy near-crash incident, I thought it would be a good time to find an alternate bike route.  Also, I knew I couldn't ride through the park because of Riverboat Days.  I didn't get a chance to ride in the morning because I wanted a little extra shut eye after a late night at the park with Cohan for some fireworks-we walked down to the park and back home!  Needless to say, I was up late plus I was exhausted from my first two days back at work so my bed was beckoning me!  By the time we were all up and going it was time to go watch the parade with the kids.  By the time we got home, one kid was asleep so we figured we would venture out down to the park when he work up.
We all walked down to the park together-me with my youngest on my back most of the way-with plans of consuming some really good-bad-food.  I will not even pretend that I tried to eat healthy because I didn't.  I treated myself to anything that sounded delicious...cheese curds, funnel cake, bloomin onion, a gyro, and dippin dots.  Oh junk food...I have missed you!  I did not eat all of that food myself-just the gyro and the dippin dots but I had my fair share.  I did not plan on eating junk...my husband suggested we eat down at the park and I knew just how much I love that food so he didn't have to twist my arm to get me to agree.  Because of the overindulgence, I skipped supper which made me feel a bit better.
I was really dragging by Saturday evening.  We had been outside all day, been walking a lot, and been eating some heavy foods which led us to feeling overly exhausted by 6pm.  We lost out babysitter at the last minute so our evening plans were foiled but I was happy because I took advantage of the opportunity at went for a bike ride.  I opted to ride on the street for the most part and basically just cruised for a while trying to figure out where I wanted to go.  I finally settled on a route that took me past my son's school and up a VERY steep hill before eventually connecting with the trail to head home.  I actually enjoyed the route a lot-except for the hill-and look forward to trying to work it in every once in a while.  The only thing I didn't like about it was that it came out to be about ten minutes shorter than my typical route.  All in all, I felt SO much better after my ride-I felt re-energized and not so droopy!  Who knew exercise can make you feel better?

No comments:

Post a Comment