Saturday, August 13, 2011

Determination

Yesterday, as expected, was a difficult food day.  I didn't help the situation much when I indulged in some mac and cheese, cookies, and a pack of the kid's fruit snacks.  After knowing that I had too many points I spent most of the day thinking it would be bad if I didn't get to go for a ride at all...the more I thought about it, the more I realized it would be a good idea to take my bike along with me.  I would not have to miss two days worth of rides if I did!  Also, I have a minivan so there wasn't really an excuse there-it is super easy to flip down seats and get it loaded up.  So, that is exactly what I did.  I loaded my bike, even though my husband looked at me as if I were slightly (or possibly a lot) crazy, and felt great about my decision. 
Last night I got to use my new lights and they work nicely.  I finally had a chance to go for a ride at 9:50pm so I went for it.  Scotland has a very well lit highway that runs through town so that seemed like a nice place to ride.  I rode 50 blocks last night-three "laps" up and down the highway.  I also challenged myself to the large hill once last night.  It was a doozie so I only went up the once!  I felt a lot better after my ride and didn't feel quite so bad about my pizza consumption.
I got up a little before 6:30 this morning to ride again.  It was beautiful out.  A nice cool breeze and much more peaceful than last night!  I got some waves from older people sitting on the porch having coffee, and I enjoyed getting a look at some of the cool older houses in Scotland.  Overall, I feel great that I was able to keep riding and thus keep my streak alive! 25 days of not missing a ride!  I am determined to keep it alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment