Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dinner with a Friend

Day two of 5:30am and I am settling in nicely.  I avoided turning on any lights while leaving this morning so that the dark wouldn't be such an adjustment for my eyes.  It helped a lot but I think I am going to have to head out and buy a light for my bike today. 
I love that the weather has finally cooled down!  This morning it was so cool that I thought I should have grabbed a jacket...a thought that didn't live long!  I was all warmed up ten minutes into my ride.  I am not liking the 5:30am sprinklers much.  They are in all the wrong places and usually leave me pretty soaked by the time I leave the park.  They are also in places that make it difficult for me to pace myself in order to avoid going through them. 
Last night I went out with a friend for supper and had a wonderful time.  We sat and talked for almost three hours!  We apparently had some catching up to do!  I ordered a six ounce steak (go me!), sweet potato fries, and a salad with bleu cheese dressing.  We ordered cheese bread as an appetizer which I decided would be my treat for the day (it was basically a pre-meal dessert except savory not sweet).  I do not for one second regret ordering the cheese bread!  We each got two pieces and it was super delicious!  It was definitely my splurge for the day but I had 24 points left so I really wasn't too worried.  I only ate maybe 1/3 of the fries as I was getting full.  The only thing that I would change about the meal was my salad.  I wish that I had dipped my fork in the dressing and then gotten a bite of it so that I didn't eat as much of it.  I also like that the dressing is more evenly distributed throughout the salad that way.  I think I stayed within my points or possibly went over by one or two which I think is really good for a night out.
Yesterday, in my second post I talked about my change in attitude toward fitness and I was kind of curious what gets in the way of other people's fitness intentions, plans or goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment