Thursday, August 18, 2011

Changing my mind

This morning, after I awoke from five and a half glorious hours of slumber I was feeling good except for my (still sore) ankle.  I had convinced my self that I would shorten my ride this morning by cutting off the extra quarter mile at the beginning.  After getting on my bike I realized that it would be silly to cut off the beginning...it is the most fun!  It is down hill for the most part and it tends to go by quick so I opted to head for the trail and concluded that I would cut off the end quarter mile.  This was probably my most brilliant idea this week!  My advice: if you are going to shorten a part of your work out, do it at the end!  Why? I discovered this morning that I didn't want to give in that easily.  After about half of my ride was over, I realized that I would be a bit disappointed if I shortened my ride and I was feeling a bit more up for it as my ankle doesn't seem to bother me when I am riding.  If I had cut off the extra quarter mile in the beginning it would have simply been gone...by telling myself to shorten the end I gave myself the opportunity to keep it!  All in all, I am very happy with my progress and my continuing improved attitude toward fitness.
Be prepared for short posts most of the time as I am officially back at work (with students) today!  I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment