Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

At a lovely little brunch today my friend served us some super yummy muffins-they had a really great selling point too...they were only one point each!  They were so good! I was excited and wanted to make them for Sunday breakfast.  Teri helped me out there by offering me a box of cake mix that I needed for them so I am ready for the morning!  Not only do they taste great but they are simple! Here is the recipe:

1 box french vanilla cake mix
1 15ox can pumpkin

Mix the two together, put into muffin tins and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  Because they are a moist muffin they are best made without muffin papers. Makes 12 muffins. EDIT:  I baked mine in non-stick pans and thus turned the oven down to 325 as the cake box suggested.  They took right about 20 minutes and came out of the tins perfectly without spraying them with anything.


And...it gets better...according to my points plus calculator...they come out to zero points for one...two muffins for one point or the whole darn batch for just six points!  They are so delicious it is hard to believe how low in points they are!

I should also add that these are nice and filling.  I planned on a nice little two point breakfast (4 muffins) but I was full after 3.  They may just be my new favorite food!

No comments:

Post a Comment